Friday 20 December 2013

My only December SoD......

I make no secret of my love of the writings of Mitch Albom..... if you love his writing style, you are hooked..... some say his books are smultzy..... one even accused him...... of being a proselytizer.... I had to google that one.....

And so this week I saw he had a new book out earlier this year...... The first phone call from heaven...

My copy arrived yesterday and last night, I started to read it..... a few pages in I was reminded of a dream I had last month, a couple of days before the anniversary of my dad's death..... I wasn't aware of this book by Mitch Albom when I had the dream...... I only tripped up over the book a few days ago..... I turned the pages last night and passage hit me.... it took me back to that dream.... funny how things can catch you so off guard, it pierces your very soul .......

I don't give a rats arse if some say he is smultzy.... you do don't sell 5 million books with out good reason.... he has me hooked again..... and so now the rest of the book to finish.....

I think the sound track to this book
is probably my only
SoD for December