Wednesday 1 August 2018

Tempus Fugit ......


........... there I was at the weekend spinning the pedals on the Wiggle Suffolk Spinner, a 62 mile bike ride around the eastern regions of Suffolk ........... when it came to my attention that last weekend was also the Dunwich Dynamo, a 110 mile bike ride from Hackney to Dunwich ......

Crikey that was 2 years ago when I rode that and yet it seemed like yesterday ..... where the fook has the last 2 years gone ..... I reckon my pedals must be connected to the hands on my watch .... the faster I pedal ...... the faster the hands turn ......the quicker tempus fugit ......

But of all the things that have happened in the last 2 years at least the Dunwich Dynamo is one of those things I can think back on with fond memories .... one of the best bike rides I have ever done .... riding through the night and completing the 110 miles in a very respectable 7.5 hrs ..... not bad for a bloke in his 50's .... it works out at around 15mph  .....which got me thinking some more ,....

On average Tour De France riders [by way of an example] ride a stage at about 30mph average speed .... but many of them are about half my age ..... so if you divide my age by 2 you need to increase my speed by 2 so that damn near makes me a TdF contender .... surely ?

I must admit though, after 110 miles through the night even my bike had to 
have a lie down on the beach .....
[ in preparation for the additional 30 mile ride back to my home ]


The weather for my Dynamo was fab ....
[ unlike this weekend when I got pissed wet through on the WSS .....  ]
and when I arrived on the beach at Dunwich
the sun had just come up over the yard arm and ...

the view over the North Sea looked almost biblical ........



Which must be a cue for a SoD ...... 
a song from the Bible .... 
nooooooo not ....... Onward Christian Soldiers .... 

this Bible .....
I still have the original 7" vinyl of this song ....
a great 80's tune ...



[funny thing is .... can't remember the last time 
I heard onward christian soldiers played in public ]