Friday 28 September 2018

Last night .... I found ....

.... Sugarman .... at the Royal Albert Hall of all places ....

Back in 2012 a movie came out called ..... Searching for Sugarman ..... I read the blurb .... and thought oh that sounds interesting, I'll go and see that .... but for a whole variety of reasons, primarily procrastination I never did watch it .....

So at the beginning of this year, I was going through my 2012 todo list, and I came across the entry .... "watch Sugarman" ..... so I went on line, ordered the movie .... and no sooner had it arrived and I whizzed it into the DVD player ....

Well fook my old sea boots .... what a fantastic uplifting movie, that charts first the optimism, then the decline and finally the global recognition of the man that has become known as Sugarman ....

So as the final credits rolled, I ordered the music and then checked to see if he did any tours .... well fook my old sea boots once more ..... he had just announced a gig at the Royal Albert Hall .....

So there I was last night, sat in my seat and out he came ...... not out out .... I mean out on stage out ....

Here he is ..... 
no cardboard cut out, no X factor wanna be and no hologram
Ladies and gentlemen I give you ......


The legend that is Sixto Rodriguez ......

Take it away Sugarman ....
The floor is all yours .....








but hey don't spend all your time watching youtube .....
get down to your nearest Blockbuster store and rent a copy of the movie ...

On the way back grab, some popcorn.... fill the fridge with beer
and who knows ....

you too might find Sugarman