Wednesday 5 February 2014

The proliferation of internet ......

..... experts....

Tim Berners-Lee may not have given us the computer or it's keyboard, but with a computer device armed with a keyboard we launch our weapons of mass interference through the conduit of our routers, for which gold ole Tim had the vision to allow us the power of electronic communication through the internet.....

Take my blog for example, does it make me an expert whinger ? expert ranter ? expert SoD provider ? probably not on all counts ........ but suddenly it appears everyone has a voice....

My eye was caught by an email from screwfix encouraging me to write a review regarding a previous purchase...... but in particular what was striking  was the hyper link in the bottom left hand corner of the email.....




Top tips on writing reviews ! ....... just how difficult is it to write..... this is shite don't buy one ..... this is good buy one ..... so now screwfix feels the need to teach us just how to be experts at writing reviews .....

Sometimes companies just don't know the power of their own banality.

It's not just the proliferation of experts on the internet, the Chinese are taking mob rule to a new level... when I read this ..... the human flesh search engine ...... the reoccurring image in my head was this .....



What a god awful phrase.... the human flesh search engine.....*

So how did we go from writing this screw is shite to hounding out the weak and the vulnerable.....

Tim if you are reading this [and I know you do] what sort of monster have you unleashed ??

He gives us some clues here and here ......

but today the only 
good thing I can think 
is today's SoD
crikey not heard this song in years




*[Human search engine postscript: Although to be fair I did smile when I saw this ......... ]