Monday 23 March 2015

Blokes with guitars........

.... this week it's blokes with guitars week .....

Last week trapped in my car for 2 hours I was listening to radio 4 and there was an interesting program [well in my head it was interesting] about how this chap was giving up music for lent......

A first flush it sounded an easy concept, but it got into very deep thought as to what constitutes music..... is bird song music ? what actually is music ?

There are people who cannot hear music.... amusia it's called..... how dreadful must that be....

At the time of writing this,  the program can still be heard on BBC iPlayer, but be warned if you are trying to give up music for lent don't listen to it during lent.... it contains music.....

What I have often thought is why I like certain music.... my theory is down to frequency.... all music has a certain frequency ...... and we as physical beings resonate at a certain frequency...... think about it ..... we are merely a mass blob of molecules held in rigid form by skin and bones..... without the skin and bones we'd just be a messy guey blob on the floor ..... but even the skin and bones are just molecules.... and one thing that molecules do is move around..... I think when we hear a tune .... what happens is our molecules are dancing.... and when they dance in perfect harmony of the frequency of the music..... kappow you just love the song ...... we even use the phrase in tune with our body ......

I know what music I like..... but I have no sodding idea what frequency my body resonates at .... but looking at my SoD's it is very similar to the frequency of blokes with guitars ...... time after time there they are ...... as for the Blue Nile, it goes beyond guitars ..... their music is so aligned to my frequency everything else just stops .... hence when I pass from this life to the next and my molecules stop dancing ....... oh gosh I do hope I am listening to Paul Buchanan ..... I know he will still be singing to me in the next life......

So this week, it's a week of blokes with guitars SoD's .......

Starting with non other than Damien Jurado
this guy just hits my frequency everytime
and I started with this one because....
my kids went to Beacon Hill

some of my happiest moments were....
scoring goals for the 
Beacon Hill Dreamers .....

...... ageing dads
having one last oorah with a football...
before making that last step into middle age....