Tuesday 25 December 2018

Flirt no more .....


.... one of the highlights of my trip to Australia was getting the clapping butter out ...

I was watching the local news and they did a report on the sunset applause at Scarborough Beach ...... how daft is that ......my mother declared ....... it was the sanest thing I had ever heard of  .....

We worship made up gods .... blimey we even celebrate a vir .... ach ...vir .... ugh .... vir .....ach .... virgin sodding birth ..... Christ knows how that one works ..... but the thing that gives us light, heat, and the very life we breathe ........ and without which, we would be completely in the dark .... why not give it a round of applause ....

So at the end of my stay I jumped on the bike and cycled down to Scarborough Beach .... I took my seat on the beach amphitheatre and by sun down it was standing room only ..... there was a chap with a guitar belting out some great tunes ..... and as the sun fell from the sky ......



 ......... as it passed the horizon we gave it a hearty round of applause ......

We talk of the setting sun as being the end .... seems fitting for today's SoD ......

Last Christmas day I had my ipod on shuffle and today's SoD came on ..... gosh I thought ..... it's a while since I had listened to the song and what an amazing song it is .... took me a couple of listens to understand it .... but when you do ...... it goes to show the genius that is Vic Chesnutt ....

The thing is, it was all down to the algorithms designed by the Apple IT bods that caused it to be played on my ipod on christmas day last .... and simply nothing else ..... but hearing the song caused me to look up Vic's life again ...... who knows maybe it was more than simple algorithms that caused it to be played .....

This christmas there are no algorithms at play ...... 

I choose this as my Christmas day SoD ......



on 25th December 2009
Vic flirted no more ....