Tuesday 12 August 2014

Suicide is still an ugly beast.......

..... and I still know very little about it, nor what drives someone to take that ultimate step

I am not really sure why we see the death of a complete stranger as a conduit for our out pourings.... and truth be know,  I never knew the bloke.... no reason why I should...

But he entertained me, and to me that is a plus in anyone ......

Not only was he a fine comedian but he was a fine actor too.... some of his films were stinkers.... but there was the obvious wonderful movies too ..... but what ever character he played.... he made you believe in the character .... not the person playing the character.

The world according to Garp, is a book by John Irving and no matter how many times I have picked that book up it has defeated me, and that is rare for a book to do that....

But amongst a fine cast, I have seen the film version a countless times, and each time he brings the book alive ......

One other fine movie was/is  ...... What dreams may come .... not one of his most publicized films, albeit from 1998, and I don't think many commentators will reference it today.... but a film I tripped up over whilst remote control clicking...... and like the world according to garp, he played the part so well.

I am old enough to remember the TV - Mork & Mindy, which many have already spoken of, but it never did it for me..... but nevertheless this guy could read the telephone directory and make it sound funny.

It is speculated that he took his own life, 
and it seems most likely that will be given as the official reason....... 
I have no idea how many people take their own life each day, 
99.999999% of whom we will never hear about..... 

but it all goes to show just what complex people we are.....