Friday 5 December 2014

I had a dream.......

... not a dream as in Martin Luther King..... I had a dream .....

But as a middle aged man seemingly with a troubled mind ...... I had a dream .....

Now of course, we all dream, it's just that most of the time we are out sparko and the dream get's lost in our sleep...... or if we do remember our dream, we are left thinking..... what the hell was that all about...did I eat some special mushrooms last night ?

We've all had them [dreams I mean, not magic mushrooms] ...... riding down the street on a uni cycle with our underpants on our head, fighting off talking purple bats who want to eat us......

Having a furtive imagination as a kid, I dreamed about alligators and funny enough running down the street in my underpants, fortunately my pants were where they were meant to be and not on my head.... but last night was one of those dreams.... from the minute I woke up, to this point in time as I type this, it has bothered me....

It bothers me because it seems[ed] so real, when I woke up it was as if it had been true, I remember every element of it. Normally with a head full of shit, my dreams get locked away into the dream recess of my head and it is only the shit that is let out of my head, to then be transcribed to this blog.... but today .... this dream was/is clearly a reflection of the thoughts in my mind.... worse still it was entirely contrary to capricorness that is me.....

It is said the truth hurts, and when others give the truth to you, sure sometimes it can hurt, but the truth will hurt the most when it is delivered to you by yourself.

I think that's what has troubled me so much about this dream ...... I walked out of one location/situation and instead of going back to it as I was supposed to, my dream took me to a new place with different people, and a place so different from the one I had left.......what it said to me was I should have walked away some years back and never returned when I had the chance .....

I had my chance and I let it go....
and yet it takes a dream 5 years later to tell me that....
the truth hurts.... this one hurts for sure..... 
and instead of being the Capricorn I thought I am ......
I am merely a weak man....

Hopefully on the night flight to Cairo this weekend maybe I can have less troubling dreams....

Here are 3 repeat SoD's
reflecting my troubling dream
let's hope it is only the SoD's
that are repeated.... I do hope so

It's funny what dreams can do to you