Monday 5 August 2013

Under a fire red sky .....



...... man boasts of his own importance to the planet, his superiority to the other animal life, his ability to change the climate, for the bad...for the good..... even claiming to harness the weather for cheap and sustainable power.....yeah right....

But you can only marvel at the ability of nature to create something that man could never achieve.....

A fire red sky.....


From the white heat, through the hot reds to the smouldering greys....sure Dawrin may have said we came from apes.....but no monkey could make this scene......

The one thing that humans are good at though..... is the ability to evoke emotion through the choice of certain words arranged in a particular order for maximum effect. Interestingly it is not limited to the english language [though mine is] and so it must be an innate talent handed down through our DNA.

Not every one has it either, but some do, and those that do, do and those that don't [like me], read and appreciate. George Orwell for me, is one of those that that do. Coming up for air especially.

For others it might be Shakespeare, for some, dare I say it.... it might even be E L James, but whoever it is for you, you know it when you see it, and when the words enter your mind, the trigger is sprung.....

Well it happens in songs too....... the killer line, and when you hear it, you just get hooked by the line..... rumer has it........so for a series of killer lines in songs.........the start is this.....

When I wake up, I see a fire red sky
And I get my down on my knees and praise in disbelief
As this beauty lay before my eyes