Wednesday 11 September 2013

listening to shite radio 4....how is it you like great music* ?

.... my daughter asked me as we headed out in the car recently...

She was right, every car I've been in has radio 4 left playing.....much to wife and daughters annoyance.....

*And of course, my daughters reference to great music is relative, in that we have similar tastes in music [despite the 30 year age gap between us.... not sure she is a Matt Monro fan though] and music is only great if you like it....we all have different tastes.... I'm sure some who may have stumbled across this blog and seen the music and thought...shite...I prefer radio 4.

And so it was, listening to Radio 4 on my way into the hamster wheel factory this morning, and fook me sideways.... some lunatic of a Brazilian woman....[ I wonder if Brazil women have an english trimmed mary ?]..any way this nutcase of a woman, had apparently spent 2 weeks in this country under the auspices of the UN and now she was some kind of expert on our housing issues, and that we the tax payers [she didn't say this but she seems to have overlooked it] are being inhumane to those on benefits for making them move from their houses if they have too many bedrooms and blah blah bloody blah !

You can listen to her ramblings here . The BBC quote her as saying.....

Ms Rolnik told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that she had received "hundreds of testimonies" and said there was a "danger of a retrogression in the right to adequate housing" in the UK.

She cited examples of disabled people, or grandmothers who were carers, and said the measure seemed to have been designed "without the human component in mind".
She said her recommendation was "that it should be suspended" to allow time to better assess the human rights implications, and so it could be redesigned

I often wonder about my tax payers rights.....  I am sick and tired of people who have no authority what so ever, making outrageous demands on the funds raised by taxation, especially when she is not even a resident of this country and has spent only 2 weeks listening to a minority interest and now she has a prime spot on my personal radio channel.

I have no issue with paying tax, I have no issue with providing for social welfare.... but I do have an issue to paying money for people who think it is their god given right, and any change is an infringement of their human rights.

At the beginning of the year 2000, My wife and I, set up a company which I have continued to run successfully. We started the company with our own money [upon which tax had already been paid]. We had no state handouts, no bank leg ups, nothing, nada but our own cash. In those 13 [almost to be 14] years, we have never had an overdraft, or bailout or tax payers support.

What we do do though is raise taxes, through the wages we pay our staff, the VAT we charge our clients, the monies we pay our suppliers part of which the supplier pays tax on, corporation tax [yes we pay it unlike the global companies who trade on our land], and any other taxable benefits the HMRC see fit to take from us. All these taxes have been paid on time and without fail.

Of all the revenue that is generated by the company, more than half goes to HMRC in tax of one form or another...... and don't think I am a fat cat boss sat on my arse on a golf buggy lording it round the golf course each day. I am a classic owner manager who sits on his arse working to generate revenue just like the staff who work with me....my wife has a full time job outside of the company, and despite her tussle with cancer last year, cannot afford to give up work...... Companies house says there are 2 shareholders of my company...HMRC says who gives a toss about that, they are the biggest paid party between the 3 of us. Remember when Diana famously said there are 3 people in this marriage.....well it seems we are having a ménage à trois with HMRC, and I am well and truely being screwed

So when some stupid arse from Brazil comes over here demanding that my hard earned taxes should just be dished out like it didn't matter I start to feel quite pissy......

I am not a big fan of politicians but I did like the conservatives Grant Shapps reply, also available on the same BBC page but why did they feel the need to edit out his initial commentary that he said her comments were an absolute disgrace..... Personally I think Rolnik is clearly off her head....

Maybe my daughter is right, that I shouldn't listen to radio 4..... if I didn't perhaps I would hear more great music like todays SoD.......

a Vaccine for mad brazilian woman !