Tuesday 7 April 2015

Re-deemed ..... at last.....

It was funny picking up on this story this morning ........... alabama redemption  ....... as I was planning to comment on the film Shawshank Redemption this week anyway..... having watched it agaaain over the bank holiday weekend...

I am not sure Anthony Hilton quite see's himself as a Andy Dufresne but for sure it must take something to be let out of prison [off death row no less] after 30 years for a crime you didn't commit .....

Anthony Hilton came out of a prison by a more conventional way rather than digging a tunnel in Raquel Welch's backside and then climbing through a tunnel of shite, but Shawshank Redemption is another one of those movies that no matter how many times I have seen it .... and by the christ I have seen it that many times, if you look closely at some of the prison courtyard scenes, I can now be seen just towards the back next to a group of lackies... but no matter how many times I see it.... it is just a fantastic movie....

It is always difficult to pinpoint precisely what makes a great movie, but somehow you know within the first 5 minutes whether it is a great movie or just a way to waste piss sometime away ......

For me, I suppose it's all about whether you care about the characters... and they don't always have to be good characters triumphing over bad ..... there's many a anti hero in a great movie ... but with Shawshank Redemption the clues are there...... I wonder if during his prison sentence Anthony Hilton got chance to watch it.....


So for today's SoD
we can thank Andy Dufresne
like Morgan Freeman said
I have no idea what these 2 women are singing....

but is it not just wonderful on a sunny day 
so moving on such a sad day
Mozart take it away brother ......