Thursday 2 April 2015

You can't read braille with your genitals......

... so if you are blind, seems you'll be fucked if you want to read this with ya gonads..... as I once remarked I do talk bollux.....

They say you should never meet your heroes ..... but I once met Fred Dibnah.... and what a wonderful man he was.... he was great on telly and in real life just as great..... Alas Fred is no longer with us, but by eck his memory still lives on ......

Then this past weekend I met another one of my heroes .... the wonderful Mike Brewer ...... his infectious love of cars .... almost matches mine..... All the sh1te written about Jeremy Clarkson, and yet Mike Brewer entertains us year after year and does it with such boyish charm.... without lumping anyone in the process ...... and oh my what a gracious man Mike Brewer is ..... and he even shook my hand with the immortal words ..... hold out your hand fella, you've just brought a cracking motor ..... except I hadn't brought a car from him .... he was just indulging me .......You meet some people in life and glad you do ..... I'm glad I met Mike Brewer ......

What links Mike and Fred [apart from the fact they both met me] is their enthusiasm for their chosen subject.....

There I was driving to Bruges on Monday..... Bruges a fucking fairytale town ..... and listening to the radio, the afternoon play was about another wonderful man who exuded such enthusiasm for his chosen subject...... Patrick Moore ~ Far Side of the Moon ........ It's now 2 years since his death, so not much chance to meet this hero I suppose, but the play charted the start of his TV career with the sky at night..... like Mike and Fred....... Patrick could never disappoint ......

They are / were not celebrities.... merely ordinary blokes with a impassioned interest in what they do / did ......

Someone else I think I would like to meet is Harnaam Kaur ....... she wears her beard with pride..... it's not some eurovision gimmick.... it is her and she is proud of it.....  She was on Radio 5 live drivetime show, talking about how she had faced up to being the bearded lady, and overcoming the challenges and prejudice that came with being a woman wearing a beard..... but oh my lord what an inspiration she is .... for anyone feeling that the world is against them .... I bet within a nano second of meeting Harnaam Kaur you'd be inspired to say.... fuck it, to hell with it with knobs on and just get on with your life..... we are who we are .......

And how do I know you can't read braille with your genitals ? It was declared on the same radio 5 live program..... quite how the chap [who declared it] discovered this little known fact is not immediately clear.... he was talking about how important the sensation of touch is for humans ...... imagine there they were in the laboratory researching the effect of touch ...... knowing how scientists always want to learn the unknown ..... and I suppose between pints 5 & 6 someone must have said ...... I wonder if I can read braille with my genitals ? and the rest they say is history ........

So imbued with that knowledge, I finally arrived at my destination of Bruges ..... a fucking fairy tale town..... I love visiting Bruges .....

Here's my SoD
I'm sure Patrick Moore must have seen
a champagne supernova