Friday 27 April 2018

Could this be the proof of re-incarnation .....

..... I've referred to Jeff Buckley as my Elvis ..... but last night I was wondering if I was witnessing the second coming ..... and in Hackney of all places .....

I admit that the Hackney Empire was perhaps not as global as say the Roman Empire, and I mean what did the Romans ever do for us ..... but the Hackney Empire ..... what they did ...... well that's easy to answer ..... staged great music ......

I would not be the first person to put the names Jeff Buckley and Isaac Gracie in the same sentence .... and it's perhaps not the most original thought ..... but seeing Issac with his guitar on stage .....




And then listening to him ...... did get me wondering .... could this be the proof of re-incarnation .... who is not to say it exists ....and any one who has seen the film ...What Dreams May come ...who knows .... even the setting had Cherubs at hand .....


Isaac also sang the wonderful Bob Dylan song, ......I shall be released ..... for which Jeff Buckley provides a sublime version on his wonderful Live at Siné recordings .....without doubt one of the best CD's in my collection .....

But for now, the jury is out ..... however that does not in anyway diminish the fab renditions from Isaac Gracie last night .... primarily songs from his self titled first Album .....

If you are reading this Isaac, and there is a good chance you are, just remember though ...... do not and I repeat for effect ..... do not ....go swimming in the river, full clothed, late at night ..... you will drown .... but of course if you are the re-incarnation of Jeff ..... you will know that already .....

For now here is a couple of my top selections from last night ........



who isn't running on empty ? .....

I love this song ......



who isn't just doing ok ?

At this point I wanted to post Hollow Crown
but for what ever reason there is no online video of that song
so if you like the first 2 offerings and want to hear Hollow Crown
then buy his album ...... and if after hearing it .....
you think what shite .... let me know and I will refund you the purchase price

but you won't go .... what shite ...... you will go ..... oh my word
how could someone so young be so in tune with the human emotion so well ....

As a final alternative I thought about Darkness of the Day,
which does not appear on the newly released album

Last night it was fab .....but the only online version sounds as
though it was recorded in the bog .....

Instead we have this song, which is a great SoD to finish the week with....



How did any of us get here ?