Wednesday 31 October 2018

What is the world coming to when .....

... you can't even wash your feet in the pisser .....

A couple of weekends back I was at the Birmingham MAC to see a film, and sure enough I had the call of nature .... but my eye was caught with the following sign .....


The only thing I could think was .... who in their right mind would want to wash their feet in the toilets ? .... but more than one person must have ... to have prompted them to put up a sign ....

But if that wasn't b[m]ad enough .... I then saw this headline earlier in the week ......
"Clean-up bill for Ipswich man who used fruit machine as urinal"



For fook's sake ...... I must have missed that lesson in Domestic Science at school when it came to toileting ......

But then last night my faith in the human race was restored ...... of course through the power of music .....

I was watching Live with Jools, and it wasn't much of a line up but then he introduced Terry Reid .... and there was some middle aged bloke with a guitar ..... Terry who ?  .... yes exactly ... that's what I thought .....

But ..... but ..... Terry Reid is probably one of the greatest singer song writers this country has never heard of ..... just like America has Sixto Rodriguez .... Then we have Terry Reid ...... Terry Reid was destined to be the lead singer of Led Zeppelin .... but due to contractual reasons he could not take up the offer and the rest .... they say .... is history .....

But listening to him, even in the twighlight of his career you know he is something special .... so off I trotted to YouTube and searched for Terry Reid .... the first song to catch my eye was May Fly .... simply for the reason that Paul Weller has a wonderful song on his latest album ..... called .... yep May Fly .... check it out ... classic Paul Weller .....

Anyway I though I would give Terry's Mayfly a go ..... well fooking hell and for good measure fook my old sea boots once more ....... I have decided that I could listen to this song on repeat to the end of time, and still it wouldn't be long enough to appreciate just how good this song is ..... how have I lived this life, and now only just discovered this song ?!?

It was written in 1969 ..... people gush how magnificent Nick Drakes, Pink Moon song is .... I gush how magnificent Nick Drakes Pink Moon song is, but that was written in 1972 and you can only wonder if Nick was a fan of May Fly ..... people gush how magnificent David Bowie's, Life on Mars song is .... I gush how magnificent David Bowie's, Life on Mars song is, but that was written in 1971 and listening to the piano work you can only wonder if Davie was a fan of May Fly.......

Who know's maybe Paul Weller is a fan too ......


But I have to warn you .... 
when you listen to today's SoD 
you too will become a fan of Terry Reid ...


A song that defies definition 
other than it is worthy 
of any SoD collection .... 

Take me back there again
Let me feel the same way
As I always used to say
 

While there's still time, mmm
But as