Tuesday 21 May 2013

on my drive in to work I heard.....



.... Lord Satchi promote an interesting statistic...

He says that each year 10% of cancer sufferers die from the treatment rather than the illness, and based on the numbers from the ONS, he put that figure at around 15,000 people who die from the treatment each year.

I have no reason to doubt what he says.

His wife Josephine Hart died of cancer on 2nd June 2011 ........ in her first novel she wrote the opening lines:


There is an internal landscape, a geography of the soul; 
we search for its outlines all our lives. 
Those who are lucky enough to find it, 
ease like water over a stone, 
on to its fluid contours, 
and are home

[profound ...truely profound]

Ray Manzarek one of the founders of the Doors died of cancer yesterday [20th May 2013]..... I love the Doors.

It is only right that I should have a song from the Doors.... 
given the charity worker and the balernina story.... 
I choose this one