Friday 14 November 2014

H is for ...... shit, I miss my dad so much.....

.... here I sit, 3 years later, to the day, to the hour ...... and the pain of losing my dad does not diminish....

Surely that is ridiculous ? I am a gown man for Christ's sake, I mean we all die some day, he couldn't stay in this life for ever....... come to think of it nor will I ..... but still it hurts.... it hurts like fuck....

That moment, the moment my phone flashed up, that flash of my brothers name on the screen of my phone, time to tell me it was over......

I was in the process of waking the other morning whilst listening to radio 4 news, and then on came a segway about a book..... H is for Hawk

I am not sure if I am searching for answers.... but the questions remain.... and grief seems a tough emotion for me to grapple with.... even in my middle age I can find a way to cry like a small child...

A couple of weeks back and I was cycling home late from work, as I hit my village it was pitch black with only the stars in the sky and the road lit up by my bike light....
out of the hedgerow jumped a badger and as I chased him down the road.....
the tears were streaming down my cheeks....

still loving ya John Boy... 
still lovin ya ...