Thursday 18 July 2013

Perhaps I'm not a ridiculous person after all.......


... I really must watch less Russell Howard's Good news...... trouble is, now I've been introduced to Dave, I can damn near watch Russell's GN wall to wall..... my wife say's..... oooh not again... I worry about you.... you are a ridiculous person......

....but last night watching an episode from 2011, I am beginning to think that perhaps I am not a ridiculous person after all.....

....what in gawd's name is this all about !?!





and this is the actual video from Russell Howards Gn



Now of course, I recognise each to his own , and what floats your boat and all that....but honestly is this what we were put on this earth for ? ....... honestly ? .......... truely ?

I see my self as a person difficult to shock, and I wouldn't say this had shock factor, more a case of WTF factor 50, but in my inbox this morning I found that Amazon are stalking me....

A few posts back I mentioned looking up a book about a man's vision as he stared at his own immediate pending mortality.... seems Amazon really are stalking me, because they sent me more books to look at ......... 



Who know's maybe I should read them after all............ but I bet not one of them says that when they reflected back on their lives, their one true regret was not donning the bridle and harness ! One thing is for sure that of all the regrets I may have [and there are a few] it won't be because I didn't giddy up.....

Today's SoD was an easy choice...... this band now gets a bit maligned for being too big for their own fame, but I did see them live before they were famous..... but I remember the first time I heard their seminal album the Joshua Tree..... when that first came out, CD's were still merely cross dressers, MP3's were still just a bunch of Military Policemen and vinyl not leather was the order of the day.

I still have my vinyl copy of the Joshua Tree and have been known to spin that version rather than my now nearly upto date cross dressing version. But that album, oh my word [that man Brian Eno again ] those songs are just sublime, every one of them, and despite being a qtr of century old, they still never age.......
but for today's offering 
it comes from a later album
......giddy up Bono !