Friday 31 October 2014

Fwoot Pwrints Shaggy...........

Scooby doo where are you ?

Once again the BBC's* Detectorist delivers moments of wonderful humour........ It's like being in the worst ever episode of scooby doo..... A line delivered with perfect timing and not a hint of any irony in episode 5.....

* Although when I say the BBC's Detectorists..... of course I mean it's Mackenzie Crook's Detectorists..... he wrote it, it's his lines, his humour ...... but the BBC is obviously keen on metal detecting.....it'll take more than a metal detector to save my marriage..... I did like the anedocte in the BBC article, about the woman who told her hubby that she had thrown her ring in the river..... the hubby asked a detectorist to find it....only for the wife to secretly tell the detectorist she had pawned it...... what a wonderful institution is marriage.....

But last nights episode of the detectorists, the line about scooby doo was one of those cultural references that perhaps only people of a certain age might get, and interestingly or not [probably not to any reader and it is only interesting to me I suppose] but this week I booked a ticket to see Stewart Lee at Colchester early in 2015.

Comedians are like music, we each have our own tastes, I know what music I love and I know what comedians I love, so this week I was watching some Stewart Lee sketches [which then prompted me to buy the ticket] and he does one who's central character is
scoooooooby dooooooo....


Like Mackenzie Crooks Detectorists ....pure genius....

So for my Friday SoD
a Mackenzie Crook moment...




talking of ferris wheels
a bonus SoD from the wonderful...

I am .....