Monday 27 October 2014

It's official..... Tutankhamun is from.....Norfolk

.... with my next trip to Cairo all lined for sometime in the next couple of weeks, I saw with interest the BBC trailer for their Tutankhamun the truth uncovered, on Sunday night.... I like a bit of Tut and thought it would give me something to speak about with my Egyptian colleagues when I meet up with them once more.....

To be honest there has been plenty written about King Tut..... I mean only a year ago it was being speculated that he died chariot racing..... but now that great seeker of truths.... the BBC delivered up the latest findings...... he didn't die in a chariot ride.... apparently he wouldn't have even been able to ride a chariot with his club foot......

But the greatest of revelations..... who were his mother and father ? ..... well it seems that DNA shows his father is Akhenaten and his mummy was the younger lady..... but whooooa..... turns out that according to the same DNA testing.....Akhenaten and the younger lady were ........ brother and sister.....

So Tutankhamun's mummy was not only his mummy but also his auntie....... a plot good enough for any episode of Middle Eastenders.......

But by the end of the BBC program I was left with the feeling that there had been so much speculation that it may well have come under the listings of soap operas rather than serious documentary..... somehow on reflection....I don't think I will be discussing the parental predilections of King Tuts Mummmy and Daddy when I visit Cairo next.

I was also left with the feeling..... why did the BBC bother ?..... but what I do know is...... when I stood in front of King Tut's gold burial mask in the Cairo Museum, I knew I was looking at one of the most beautiful man made things I have ever seen in my life.....



So my message to the BBC is.... she's ain't your muthver.... I am.... cue drums.....

But should it turn out that
the younger lady is the mother of King Tut 
and she is the sister of Akhenaten 
who should be the father of King Tut

There is only one song of the day for it
welcome to Norfolk....