Thursday 31 October 2013

Satellite of love....

...more than enough has been written about the passing of Lou Reed, that I am not sure there is anything wondrous I can say, for which anyone would gue... oh I hadn't thought of that....

But as a fan of Bowie/Iggy/Byrne et al,  how could I not be a fan of Lou Reed. In days before MP3's and online ripping of music, we had the wonder of modern science..... the cassette tape....

So in 1980 as a just turned 18 year old, enjoying the sights of Singpore I didn't need to worry about waiting 30 years for digital pirates to rip my music for me..... the locals were doing it with 50p tapes....

All the latest European and USA artists and Albums, and some prior ones too..... and so it was I topped up my collection [yep guilty as charged] and one of those albums..... Lou Reed and Transformer..... from 1972. Not sure if as 9 year old rather than a 18 year old I would have been into the music of Lou Reed, but I sure was in 1980......

and so for today
and I am sure a few days more
it's Lou Reed
taking me back to 
when we both younger than today