Monday 20 August 2012

the lord and master.....




.... to those of you who perhaps don't appreciate just what a masterful poet the great Leonard Cohen is, here is my first introduction to him.

Now I will say this, sometimes, just sometimes [and I will cover this in more detail in later entries] some of LC's song are much better when sung by someone else, but they are still LC's songs, who ever sings them ..........

But this first entry for leonard, was seen live by me at the Albert Hall. At this time in his life he was 74 years old, and yet he could still beguile the whole of the Albert Hall. I have seen some great concerts, I have seen some great bands [I even saw U2 before they were famous] but on this night at the Albert Hall, I have never seen anything so masterful than the great Leonard Cohen........

The lights dimmed, the backing singers remained silent, the musicians remained quiet but for a light background sound [just a pity the audience didn't ...although to be fair this is the riff raff at the O2 and not RAH] but lordly lordy, I had never heard this before [I think he has a song called 1000 kisses deep on an earlier album but thats not the same as this recited poem in this video].....

So imagine yourself, lights dimmed and in hushed tones you hear the master perform his art so eloquently.......



I'm your man !