Friday 10 January 2014

You know it's been a long week when.......

..... after a long day at the office, arriving home at gone half past 7, even though home is a mere 10 minute drive from the office....and rolling up on the drive, the lights are not on and there is definitely no one at home......  walking into the house,  you turn on the lights... and there's a bat in the kitchen....

How in gawd's name did a bat end up in the kitchen ? ...........

Have you ever tried getting a bat out of your kitchen ? ...... I was too startled to think about googling that one .... but there is a web page for it..... look 

There's a bat in my kitchen..... reminded me of a song..... but of course that was .... UB40 and there's a rat in me kitchen ......

Kind of odd really, as last night I had a very vivid memory of my dream and it included a large bat like creature... now of course it is merely nothing more than co-incidence but I sure as hell didn't expect to see the bat when I came home.... perhaps it has been a long week after all, and this is merely an extension of the dream .......

Anyway the simple answer to getting a bat out of your kitchen is easy...... open all the windows flap a piece of cardboard around, and the Bat will find it's way out......

Seems Bat's are having a rough time all over the place, Canada it's too cold..... Australia it's too hot...

Bat's are normally given lots of statutory protection but when you see them up close,
 beautiful creatures.......
 

{but please note this is not the actual bat de chef}

So for the SoD ?
why of course 
non other than Bauhaus