Friday 4 April 2014

and finally to .......

......  end Daniel Johnston week, my final offering......

For the cover version there were many to choose, but I choose a self publicist..... usually on youtube, where someone posts their 'own' cover version I tend to steer well clear but this time.... I was quite taken aback by this girl..... she does a very credible effort. Listening to some other cover versions, especially of Noah and the whale... she is well worth a listen on a rainy day.....

If anyone is out there, is there ? who has followed these offerings.... if you hadn't heard of Daniel Johnston before, I am sure we can all agree he may not be the most accomplished singer there has been, but like Hector said in the History Boys  ..... it is as if a hand had come out and held yours....





It was certainly holding Elena's..... when she sang this song