Tuesday 22 April 2014

Happy crucifixion .......

.... I am somewhat ambivilent over matters of religion, but I was a bit perplexed by a comment made to me as I left the greatest toy shop in the world ......... Machine Mart......

Happy Easter....... the smiling assistant promoted...... he was only being nice and polite, but I was a bit mean when I said..... but I am Jewish ...... I am not Jewish, I was just being mean.....

Now, I am no great theologian, but at the time he made his comment, I just thought it odd to wish me happy Easter..... wasn't that when Jesus was crucified ? Why would I consider that a happy occasion.... sure the story goes that he rose from the dead... but he didn't actually, I mean we talk about the second coming of christ..... and let's face it David Moyes was another false alarm....

I did once see the face of christ in a cup of coffee......




And his image did once appear on the arse of a dog.... [listen to the Paul Buchanan SoD... you will not be disappointed.... although it is PB how could he ever disappoint]

But why would I think of the crucifixion as a joyous time to celebrate..... So to the assistant at Machine Mart, my apologies for being cheap in my reply.... but next time ..... how about trying....... enjoy your easter break from the daily grind at the prison of work..... or something along those lines perhaps.....

Time for a SoD
A fab track from 
the great man himself



And how could it not
be easter
without a bunny or two
a seminal track
from their seminal album
Ocean Rain.... 
not a single crap track



[assuming you like this style of music of course....]


[postscript: how did i miss this one off ??]