Thursday 13 December 2012

I'm Brian......and my wife is Brian too......



... there I was flicking the buttons, channel hopping, and I stop at Gladiator [the movie not the pseudo male erotica game show...are you reedy ?]. What a great movie that is, and as he arrived in Rome and looked up to the Coliseum, it took me back to my own memories of Rome.

I love that place, and when I last saw the Coliseum, I thought it should look nice when the Italians get round to finishing it. I think they are using the same building firm we did !

Rome has some great sights and notwithstanding the obvious, [but don't waste your time on the Sistine chapel....it's pants] instead go to a little known place....... go here instead ........


I can't sing, I can't draw for toffee, and growing up as a kid art was for posh folks like we was not like.... but oh my word, if I live till I am 100 years old, I doubt I will ever see anything as beautiful as the sculptures by Bernini....... these defy words.... the inanimate cold object of stone turned into a thing of absolute beauty.... you can damn near feel the soul within them.....



I say this to anyone who is interested enough to listen.... if you ever go to Rome, go to Villa Borghese and if you look at nothing else, look at the Bernini, and if you then come back and tell me they are pants, I will refund your entry fee and throw in a bottle of nice Merlot in as well......

So today this is my SoD.......