Thursday 27 February 2014

Buffalo Days avec quatre.....



.... today's BoD is a buffalo redux, all down to some unknown young ladies curly hair at heathrow airport....... and when I say young lady I don't mean ..... yoooooooooooooung ....... at my age anyone under 35 years old is now considered by me to be young.

You do have to be careful now about your declarations towards the female form ...... given all the latest publicity surrounding Harriet*, one has to be careful these days talking about young ladies and declaring how much you love PIES.

I mean I really do love pies.... but not those pies.... my pies.... steak and kidney being me absolute fave ...... steak and ale/Guinness {delete as appropriate} are not real pies, they are faux pies..... a real pie is only a real pie if it has something in it that your kids gue yuk... kidney.... eeerhg....yuk.

So yes I do love pies, and yes todays buffalo redux was inspired by a young girl, but for anyone reading.... [who knows may be no one is reading] that is pies as in meat pies and young as anyone between the ages of 20-35 years old !

So with out further ado
here is the Buffalo Days
that inspired this weeks
SoD..... my BoD





*[Harriet postscript - it might be current now, but the Telegraph were running this in 2009 - Oh the joys of political machinations..... and how the Daily Mail have now got it in for her.... they now have the bit between the teeth and won't let go until we all get bored and move on to the next salacious gossip - There is a great line told by the late great Philip Seymour Hoffman in the film " Doubt" with the eversoalways loverly Meryl Streep ....... {how fondly I think of Meryl} ...ach erm anyway.... yes the character of Philip Seymour Hoffman is besmirched with the suggestion of impropriety against a minor - the story he told goes something like this.......

A woman was gossiping with her friend about a man whom they hardly knew - I know none of you have ever done this. That night, she had a dream: a great hand appeared over her and pointed down on her. She was immediately seized with an overwhelming sense of guilt. The next day she went to confession. She got the old parish priest, Father O' Rourke, and she told him the whole thing. 'Is gossiping a sin?' she asked the old man. 'Was that God All Mighty's hand pointing down at me? Should I ask for your absolution? Father, have I done something wrong?' 'Yes,' Father O' Rourke answered her. 'Yes, you ignorant, badly-brought-up female. You have blamed false witness on your neighbor. You played fast and loose with his reputation, and you should be heartily ashamed.' So, the woman said she was sorry, and asked for forgiveness. 'Not so fast,' says O' Rourke. 'I want you to go home, take a pillow upon your roof, cut it open with a knife, and return here to me.' So, the woman went home: took a pillow off her bed, a knife from the drawer, went up the fire escape to her roof, and stabbed the pillow. Then she went back to the old parish priest as instructed. 'Did you gut the pillow with a knife?' he says. 'Yes, Father.' 'And what were the results?' 'Feathers,' she said. 'Feathers?' he repeated. 'Feathers; everywhere, Father.' 'Now I want you to go back and gather up every last feather that flew out onto the wind,' 'Well,' she said, 'it can't be done. I don't know where they went. The wind took them all over.' 'And that,' said Father O' Rourke, 'is gossip!'

The film doubt is not a true story...... but it's tale and the pillow talk...... is a salutary lesson for us all... when someone says they love pies..... it may be as simple as they love pies.....]