Friday 21 February 2014

Friday DiD.... redux....

...well thanks to another trip to see my drug dealer ...... I caught the start of this mornings desert island discs.... such inspiring todays SoD choice...... although when I say drug dealer .... not your hard core pimp me up drug dealer...... more of your doctor prescribing drugs dealer...

Well today it was Torvill and Dean chatting about their ice skating lives..... although to be fair I never recalled a big green duck on the ice .... hey oh....

It was interesting as to the first choice of song, and then shortly afterwards, the divine Kirsty was clearly touching on a very raw nerve for Christopher Dean, about the separation of his parents when he was 6 years old...... hearing the awkwardness with which he spoke and Jayne Torvill stepping in for him, I was somewhat surprised that Kirsty even raised the subject.... it was clearly difficult for Christopher to articulate his true feelings..... but it did somehow reflect the first choice of song..... when I heard it, at first I thought it was Ben Howard..... certainly in that mould.....

The song is one of many on a similar theme, I have before chosen a mexican love song as an SoD that says the same thing as today's choice.... except that song is in spanish.....and today's is not.....

I often prattle on about sound track moments, so when I was picking out the you tube link, up popped the 5 sec opt out advert and today it was James Corden doing a cadbury's advert..... I'm not really a big Corden fan but it did make me think about some ad's on TV which are in essence sound track movements....

Most adverts are just shite...... the hotels4u advert ...... anything for yo cupcake [in that faux brummie accent] christ who ever was responsible for that needs a career change..... but every now and again you see an advert that makes you SvL.

Two obvious examples are....... yes sir I can boogie.....





....... and the cat and the budgie love affair......




That's creativity ..... not some shite advert ...... and certainly not this closure to last nights news night..... the producer needs a dressing down for this embarrassing crap ....

So before today's SoD .... one last singing cat.... puerile I know.... but sometimes we need such stupidity to make us laugh.....





The sun's shining
it's friday DiD
and I am just a passenger
in this life......