Monday 30 June 2014

The BBC's gone poptastical.....

Over the weekend the BBC went wall to wall Glastonbury... and by some accounts it seems some of the presenters had never been let out of school before... they were like kids on a school outing.....

I have always fancied doing Glasto..... even at my ripe old age, but it seems there was 175,000 people trying to watch 2,000 acts....and there were some fantastic bands playing.... and even the odd pensioner or two.....

Back in 2011 I saw Kings of Leon live at Slane Castle, Dublin..... and proof if proof was needed..... here is the proof....



It was a fantastic day but as you can see.... [towards the end of the vid] I reckon the folks in the hot air balloon got a closer view.....

But what a line up..... we had the White Lies, Thin Lizzy [of course sans Phil Lynott, but as a side note TL were the first headline act at Slane Castle some 25 years earlier], then there was Elbow, and finally KoL..... all doing a full set..... [there were a couple of other minor bands but never heard of em..]

But at the end of the day, and just one day I was all music'd out.... I could take no more.... and so no matter how many great bands there might be at Glastonbury.... there is a limit to just how much you can take...... My mate Jake Bugg did some great numbers..... but would my life been any better had I experienced him at Glastonbury instead of Norwich ?..... erm .... erm ....no.....

But it's the atmosphere....... the excited CBeebies presenters kept reminding us..... aaaah yeah... the atmosphere.......

The atmosphere..... the same atmosphere that dumped.... torrential rain on you and made the fields a mud bath..... ooooh that atmosphere....



And so for my song of the day today, 
from the comfort of my 
dry clean office chair
I am minded of this song.... 
he didn't play Glastonbury this year, 
but when I heard this song, 
and I saw those scenes.... 
it sure was metallic clouds....





and as this is my blog.....
and as this also a fab song....
I can play this one too...