Wednesday 12 December 2012

What a kararoke night......


One bloke, a mike, a twangy guitar, and a christmas tree......




4 hours earlier, Claire had finished her rummaging around, and then declared my gnashers were fit to chomp on more pies for the next 6 months [I love pies]........and so looking down at my watch, I said to my wife come on let's go, I brought the tickets ages ago, and its a sell out, and he very rarely tours, and...and..... and....and.... we jumped in the car, through freezing fog, on the tube train that seemed like it was never going to arrive, and looking back at my watch it said
20:35 hrs..... a wasted journey I thought..... the doors opened at 19:00 hrs and the start was said to be 19:30 hrs...and so nearly 3 hours after setting off, we rushed out of the station up to the Cadogan Hall Box office....... has he been on long ? I asked...... and as the girl handed me my ticket .....she said.... no he'll becoming on stage in 5 mins.....


Made it !.....and even with time to get a drink..... well my word......he was fanbluddytastical...... he's been around for a while and no matter how old some of the songs are they sounded perfect in this perfect setting.....So if you're reading this Roddy, thanks fella, if I had have to have walked the 3 hours on my hands and knees to get there it would been worth every minute......

So now that Claire has done her stuff and my teeth are now bigger, brighter, stronger ......here is a fab song from last night......

off you go Roddy the page is all yours......



There was a bonus in store.......Roddy Frame does blather somewhat in between songs and so part way through a blather he declared that Edwyn Collins was in the house.... In 2005 Edwyn Collins world was turned upside down, but since then he has been fighting his way back to recovery.....and so we stood and showed him our appreciation....clearly Roddy Frame and Edwyn Collins are good friends.... 

......who's Edwyn Collins ? my wife asked.....and so as we drove home in the freezing fog, I whipped out my iPod, hit the play button, and as I sang along and serenaded her.........I declared ......

This is Edwyn Collins......

for my wife....


X