Friday 8 March 2013

It's not yours, so you can't have it ! .......

.... by the quirk of visiting my doctors surgery once more, as I drove to work, I again found myself listening to Desert Island Discs.....well today it turned out it was Rankin.....never heard of him....although to be fair I suspect he has probably never heard of me....

Seems he is quite a clever photographer, and looking at some of his pix.....


But when it came to his luxury item he wanted to take, to keep on his island, he chose Pluto and Proserpina from Villa Borghese in Rome.......nooooooo.... I shouted at the radio......it's not yours, so you can't have it......the Bernini's are not yours, they are ours !

If I am honest, as I said in my blog on 13th December 2012.... it is Bernini's Apollo and Daphne which is my favorite from Villa Borghese,



but I do agree with Rankin, Pluto and Proserpina is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Not only is it aesthetically beautiful, but the pain and tragedy it portrays is beautiful too......

As so for his song to rescue from the waves, Rankin chose the Magic Numbers....oh yeah I thought, I agree with him on that too....so for my SoD I will go with a Magic Numbers song, but not the one Rankin chose.....no I will go with this one....

This song is as beautiful as 
Bernini's Apollo and Daphne 
[well almost]