Monday 4 March 2013

There's non so blind as those that....

...don't want to see.....

Watching the BBC early evening news on Sunday 3rd March 2013, and the story dominating the headlines was......


But it was not the headline per se, which caught my attention, but in fact an interviewee. The Cardinal had apparently issued a statement, read out in Sunday night mass, in churches across the land......and so as one female Congregationalist left her church, the BBC stuck a mike up her nose and asked....so what do you think about the Cardinals statement ?

To which she replied, without any sense of irony, ...... I don't believe it, I don't believe it's true and until we hear Cardinal O'Brien tell us the truth I will never believe it.....

Now I know you can't judge intelligence, by the way someone speaks or the way they look, but she didn't seem unintelligent, but I couldn't believe what I had just heard, but it spoke volumes of the indoctrination.

Despite the fact that he had resigned on the basis of unspecified accusations, despite him apologizing in a non specific way to anyone he may have offended, and now admitting to his apparently weak sexual predilections, this interviewee was in complete denial. 

Now I am not anti-religion, and in times of need I will seek divine intervention like the best of them, but I like to think that I can make a judgement between truth and fiction, and so within me the creationists have a long way to go. But seeing this interviewee's reaction to Cardinal O'Brien's own statement read out in church.....well I think in her case the creationists mission is complete....

Turning of course to Cardinal O'Brien, I neither condemn nor judge him for his sexual predilection, oooooh no his crime was not that, his crime is the bigoted way he sent out a message to his flock, about those who do choose same sex intimacy. So what is worrying, is that the self same woman BBC interviewee, who does not [does not want to?] see the truth about Cardinal O'Brien and his de-frocked dick.......does she believe every word of his bigotry towards those who do prefer same sex intimacy ?..... and does she now carry this bigotry ?.........so that his biggest crime, and that is what he should be apologizing for...... for enjoining his flock into his world of intolerance and bigotry !

There can only be one song 
for Cardinal O'Brien.... 
and as it's Monday and we are all happy, 
then in the words of the great Tom, 
you don't have to be, to join in the chorus...
so join in, we shall

Sing if you're glad to be gay
Sing if you're happy that way....