Thursday 20 June 2013

A play list of the day...... Inspired by a man walking around with his knob & tackle hanging out......



... for my last entry, linking to the latest news about Stephen Gough, I did think that considering all the crap weather we have had...... Stephen Gough must be one of the coolest blokes around and so my original SoD for that post had to be.... non other than one of the coolest in music and the song ?

this was my first choice .....


Now....... Iggy Pop apart from being cool, 
he is without doubt one of the prettiest ugly people 
there has ever been, 
but oh what music he has given us.....

I had this album when it came out...
but tapes didn't last very well, so on the strength
of re-finding these songs 
I have re brought the album
in that new CD fangled format.......

what about this song from Iggy from the same album ? 
could you imagine Radio 2 playing this song ?......
erm erm....... think not


In truth you could do an whole blog on Iggy songs
 he is that good...... 

but then of course what about the other coolest men in music ?

how fantastic is this ?


what a fantastic Friday jangly song.....

I have a track by Iggy, singing pretty flamingoes 
and when I youtubed it......

 I got this....
another one of the coolest men in music
with another Friday jangly song....



I love this next song amongst many of Paul Wellers....
he could sing he phone book and still sound fantastic



and then thinking about Paul Weller I was reminded of the time 
I saw him at the Albert Hall and who should join him 
on stage that night...... oh my word..... it was Kelly......

just how cool is this guy ?
{his tribute to Gary Speed}



a few years back I indulged my self and brought a Ferrari
as I drove it home from the garage
this next song was the first song
I played in it........... full throttle


I included this version because the rendition is fantastic....
despite all the blathering at the start
and seriously those people in the back ground ..... 
like a fooking muppet show !!

and so we go from Kelly to Eddie.....



and then this..... with the wonderful Nusrat of course




by now with all this cool we should be damn near artic
but to bring us 9 below zero

.......... how could I miss off my Elvis.... 

oh Jeff......... oh Jeff why did you leave so soon ?






is this really the last goodbye ?




I could write a whole blog about JB too...

and of course the cool list could
go on and on but it is Friday and I need to end
this post somewhere.... so how about I end back where it all started
with

Stephen Gough - The Naked Rambler

Roam Stephen Roam !



A PLoD inspired by a man walking around with his knob & tackle hanging out