Thursday 7 November 2013

Cancer may always be shit......but dance me to your beauty with a burning violin

.... feeling pretty fed up with life, far too much work to do, against relentless deadlines [most of which are artificially created by my clients].......

thieving bastards everywhere you turn... whether they be money grabbing no-hopers stealing my paid taxes under the auspices of benefits, or motorway services stations stealing my money under the auspices of stay longer than 2 hours and I will shaft you with a £100 fine...... or the building trade who think it entirely appropriate to put their hand in your pocket, do shit work and then fuck off as if it is perfectly normal or just as bad, they waste...ach erm.... steal your time....

when all of a sudden....

my daughter put this link in my email inbox .

I am not normally a big fan of flash mobs and those who stand around them in awe thinking wow this is cool.... but for Deborah Cohen I will make an exception. My mantra these days always seem to be that cancer is shit...... still is, but I will give Deborah her dues, she is finding one way to make it less shit. I won't join the chorus of rebel rousers who gue....go girl ! go girl ! go girl !...... but I will acknowledge that for her, this is her way of dealing with the shit of cancer....

Reading Deborah Cohens caringbridge web page, I like how she encouraged everyone to share her dance at exactly the same time to the same song.

A vicarious dance between strangers. There are no random acts, you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate the breeze from the wind.....mitch albom all over again....the 5 people you meet in heaven.

It sort of reminded me of my sound track moment I once shared with my wife, as I traveled through Amsterdam Airport and her sat at home.

When my daughter shared Deborah Cohen's flashmob with me, she noted the quote with her own......

  • "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about dancing in the rain." Thank you for showing me a perfect example of someone dancing in the 'rain'.

  • And I realised. It doesn't matter whether we're chewing elephants up bit by bit, hammering walls down on houses, writing countless essays, selling umpteen salmons or simply dancing in the rain... at least we're doing it together. And that's what matters.

So whether it's strangers de-shitting cancer, or daughters who understand the power of love.....
  there will always be a reason to dance......

I was undecided which of 2 tracks
I should use for the SoD
so I'll put up both
and let you decide