Thursday 14 November 2013

One more day......

....listening to the radio in the car, most of the time is banal wittering and serves as back ground noise.... but....

I was listening to a story being told by Sir Ken Robinson, how he found it difficult to listen a particular Leonard Cohen song..... a song about Leonard Cohen's loss of his mother...and also touches on the death of his father when leonard cohen was a young child.....My dad's dad died, when my dad was a young child.

Sir Ken Robinson recounted how he was driving south for a meeting the following day, and then the Leonard Cohen song came on the radio...... it made him think of his own mother...... did he carry on his journey or did he make a 200 mile detour to see his mother ? ..... he wasn't sure what to do....

He made the detour.....he said he had a wonderful meal with his mother....he was glad he did....

The story reminded me another of Mitch Albom's writings..... For one more day......

Two years to the day, my dad died
I wish I could have one more day
with him