Monday 25 November 2013

The A-Z of SoD's........

.... I noticed from my SoD playlist that in the style of QI, I have nearly completed the alphabet.

Conveniently, I am 5 short of a full house.....namely O...... Q ....... and the classic X~Y~Z.....

So that mean's a SoD lexicon week.....

Today's offering is O. I had thought of Roy Orbison, who I think is fab...... blue bayou in David Bowie's man who fell to earth, is sublime in the extreme.... and who cannot but think of Del Boy every time you hear Roy Orbison and KD Lang sing crwying..... almost too painful to laugh....

But as much as I love the big O, it wouldn't work for my SoD play list as it would lodge him in the ever hopeful R's..... so today's offering is Orba Squara..... never heard of them ? well if you remember the first lot of adverts for the iPhone.... then you will have heard Orba Squara. It is in fact mainly 1 man and lots of jingly jangly instruments coupled with his jingly jangly voice.

It can be a bit twee at times but on a cold dark winters Monday it can also lift the spirits.... So I will offer up a medley of Mitch Davis in his Orba Squara guise.....

Hit the jingles
hit the jangles
it's super duper day





this last one is not on Youtube

but it is just so bloody super duper

listen to a brand new day