Tuesday 26 November 2013

I remember exactly where I was.....

...and what I was doing on the day when I first heard this song......

Today's offering is a joint effort, in order to get my Q list endorsed.....

1981, I was home on leave, a cold autumn/winters day and being a poor Deck officer in training I was working on my crappy car. I was in my dad's garage, in what was then my home by proxy....

With the radio playing this song came on, it stopped me in my tracks..... funny how 32 years later I can remember that moment exactly, I can even see my self looking down at that crappy car in the cold listening to today's SoD except it was my former days SoD....

I may age, my mind may sometimes falter, I might get old and disillusioned but there is still music to turn to....

under pressure
always under pressure
but music is my great escape
Freddie...David....
release me