Monday 21 March 2016

Bit late for St Patrick's day ... but who needs an excuse for Luke Kelly

..... watching telly at the weekend, I heard the snippet of a song but unsure what it was .... no time to whip out my phone and shazam it ..... so after a bit of work, up came the song and sure enough Luke Kelly was one of the people to cover this song ...... plenty other's have tried .... but there can be no doubt ..... Luke Kelly was your man ....

I never am in to Nationalist Day's so who cares St Patrick's day has come and gone .... they'll be another one next year ..... but every day is Luke Kelly day ......

He left this world far too soon, denied a longer life by a brain tumour but in some way's his music has made him immortal ..... one of my favourite films is In Bruges, a fucking fairy tale of a movie, and within the movie ...... one of my most favourite music in movie scenes ..... Brendan Gleeson deciding to do a selfless act to the back drop of Raglan Road ..... sung by non other than Luke Kelly....

Raglan Road started out life as a poem written by Patrick Kavangh, recalling his love for Hilde Moriarty ..... the speaker recalls a love affair that he had with a young woman while walking on a quiet street. Although the speaker knew that he would risk being hurt if he initiated a relationship, he did so anyway.

Haven't we all been there, at least once in our lives ?

So today for my SoD I choose Luke Kelly

This was the song from the weekend



I saw a great quote about Luke Kelly ..
he could drink Vinegar and spit out wine ....

Here is a fine vintage .....



and finally the homage to Salford ....





Luke I know you're not reading this ....
but hey this is my blog
who give's a shit

Luke ..... genius mate .... fucking genius ...