Sunday 27 March 2016

Ladies put away your Rabbits...... because tonight we have a .........


....... bunnyman .....

Whilst it is Easter weekend when the rabbits come out to play, last week it was a bunnyman who played for us......



I first heard Echo & the Bunnymen on the John Peel show in 1981 and thought my word, I love this song ...... it was in fact Over the Wall on their Crocodiles EP. The next day after listening to the John Peel show I went out and brought the EP on vinyl and that was it, I became a life long fan.

A few years back after moving to Suffolk, I was walking away from the Ipswich Town football stadium having watched a match and found myself walking along side John Peel [he was living in Stowmarket by this time]..... at the time I hesitated ...... I wished I had thanked John Peel for introducing me to such great music and bands. I would say that apart from my elder brother, John Peel was the other person who has influenced such music that I like....... I hesitated too much, I never did thank John Peel ..... I regret that .....

But over the years I have seen Echo & the Bunnymen variously but last week it was Ian McCulloch doing a solo acoustic set ...... Colchester Arts Centre, a re-assigned Church being the perfect venue.

Trying to choose a single track from the Bunnymen as a SoD 
is like trying to choose your favourite chocolate bar

but today I choose this one



Baby maybe someday
Maybe one day
We'll say hi