Friday 4 March 2016

I had planned to declare today as ......

 Turin Brakes day ....... for sure they were very very entertaining and I must admit that their first album, the optimist is a particular favourite ....

So last night there I was, me and a couple of hundred others and Turin Brakes in a re-assigned church in Colchester and boy the pews were rockin ..... albeit the pews had been removed and non of us were sitting down .....



But as great as Turin Brakes were, what came as a complete surprise was the support act ..... generally support acts fall into 2 categories ..... shite and ok ..... but last night a third category was created ..... namely  .... fuck me this lad is good ...... Tom Speight ..... no I'd never heard of him either ....... I have now ....... he was supported on stage with Eliza Shaddad and another Tom but can't remember his name ....

Tom Speight has a touch of Ben Howard about him but for sure he is his own man ..... but his set was a real treat and then half way ..... well ...... it sort of goes like this ..... when Paul Daniels used to declare on telly .... iiiiiit's majic ...... you knew it wasn't magic really, it was just a trick .....

But half way during the set , Tom Speight and gang stepped down from the stage and stood in the middle of the audience to do an acoustic number .... So there we all stood in this church ..... worshiping wonderful music .....



Take my word for it ...... magical .... pure magic ......

So rather than today being Turin brakes day .....

this is Tom Speight Day .......

A couple of wonderful tracks 
from his set last night






[Sort of emphasizes my last post .... music, in the right location, at the right time is not just fab.... it's fabbo ]