Wednesday 21 November 2012

Fighting with wolves.....




.......I had planned today to do a short post about seeing Ben Howard live* at the Cambridge Corn Exchange and the SoD would of course been the highlight of the night........ The wolves from his debut album ....Every Kingdom..... [every candle lit dinner should be enveloped by the sound of this album playing in the back ground]....... but as it is/was, last night I sat there watching the 10 o'clock news supping me horlicks** whilst finally winding down the end of another day.....and so it was the news announcer said.....and we now go over to Gaza but I must warn you some of these images might be distressing.......

So before you lower your head down the page, I must warn you she was right, the next image is for sure distressing......


How in gods name [or allah you choose] did we end up here ?

I am not naive, I am not a fool, atrocities occur during conflict and wars I know that, but in this picture it is said that man shown dead was an Israeli spy in Gaza [1 of 6 so called spies treated in this way],  and those who are alive in this picture were extracting revenge on the man who was once alive but is now dead. I make no judgement on the individual persons shown either alive or dead, I cannot say whether the dead man was an Israeli spy or not, but as I saw this image last night I was minded of something else I saw on TV a week or two back......

It was about conservationists trying to save from extinction what essentially is nothing more than a mouse......

This link gives you a feel for it.....



There are people out there, as I type putting in their heart and soul in to saving this creature from extinction..........and I make no judgement on these people either......

But last night as I sat proudly in my ivory tower, the juxtaposition of these two images, given to me via the magic of TV, made me wonder...........

Just how the hell did man evolve to such, that on one side of Africa he is doing his damnedest to save a mouse and yet at the same time further north up the coast he is dragging a human corpse behind a bluddy motorcycle whilst he offers up his salute ?

I shake my head in utter disbelief......

So for my SoD, I turn once more to the mind offerings of the great Paul Buchanan.... take it away Paul......... whilst I lie down in a darkened room......




*[ on a slightly lighter note returning to Ben, should you ever find yourself at a Ben Howard concert  in a student place like Cambridge and are the age that I am, you do at times ask yourself....am I at a Ben Howard concert or a Jack Wills annual convention !]

**[I actually dislike horlicks {I nearly wrote hate....but today there is too much hate in the world} so it was in fact hot chocolate I drank but I wrote horlicks for poetic licence.....god {allah} knows why......and on reflection the more you say the word horlicks in your head...if you keep repeating the word....it sounds more and more like something you have to pay for .......thats a man thought by the way]