Wednesday 14 November 2012

On this day.....



...... Last year, my dad died.


And here I am one year later and the pain of losing him feels no less. He lived one side of the world and I live the other, but that distance never changed the bond I felt with him. ....Ya awrite lad.....he'd say....


My dad was not an ambitious man driven by greed but he was a good honest man. He was a gentleman.

He did not force his opinions on you or try and force you to see things his way
That’s because he didn’t need to, he was a man who had his own way of charming you. Everyone who came into contact with him liked him

As a dad he never tried to interfere or rule our lives from growing up through to us being adults. But he was always there for you, he knew how to say the right thing at the right time. He taught us all how to believe in the good in ourselves.

Sometimes just sitting with him, not saying a word between you was as rewarding as any spoken word could be.

But the funny thing is, I love music, it plays an important part of my thinking, but for the 49 years that I knew my dad, I cannot tell you what was his favourite song. So I can't even post his favourite even if I wanted to.

But I will post this one. Every time I hear this tune, I think of my dad.


Where ever you are dad, I will always love you x