Tuesday 27 November 2012

Nice Parking......




..... it's not easy to park one of these things you know






Looking at the name of this ship did get me thinking.......Hina....ummmm,  Hina I thought...

What did we do before googlepedia ?...... and so it is I now know that Hina is a goddess....

But what say this happened in the ship naming meeting at the Offices of MSC.......

MSC Boss......Ok guys, the new ship is about to be delivered and we need to think of a name..... times are hard and we are having to cut back so we need to think about this one carefully..... China is a country that has lots of money to spend so perhaps we could name it after China, and they will like MSC more.....

MSC Office junior .....Boss ! Boss ! Boss !.... If you really want to save money, how about we name the ship after a goddess and not a country.......

MSC Boss.... so how will that save us money ?

MSC Office junior..... well boss, it will use less paint, so we could save money by not having to paint the C !....and boss, boss, boss this is the best bit, get this........ the Chinese will think the ship is called the MS China...... ta dah !

MSC Boss..... Hina it is then...... I name this ship the MSC Hina.

My SoD for today has nowt to do with China or ships as such but as the Hina was in Latvia, and the fact I'd never been to Latvia before, I thought I would pay thanks to my Latvian hosts and treat them to this.....[it is about the only thing they are famous for.....without the power of googlepedia..... try and name one famous Latvian......erm thought not]

Enjoy........