Friday 25 January 2013

Don't make a snap judgment....



....but this really was a tough call...... water flood or crocodile flood ? water or crocs ? water or crocs ?


I bet his neighbours must be thinking why the frick didn't he farm ostriches** !

I did smile at this story, at all those poor people taking to the roofs to avoid the crocs as opposed to taking to the roofs to avoid the flood waters.....reminds me of the scene from the James Bond movie...when Roger Moore was facing a certain death....but the crocs didn't get him....

So this must surely be the SoD....
ok you groovy bunny boys* save us now....



*[The Echo men.....this was in fact one of the songs that first "got me" into the Bunnymen. It was 1980 and even now over 30 years later their music is still sublime....seen em live more than once {regretted not going to see them at Albert Hall when they did their Ocean Rain Album sessions but you can see a band too many times}...however back in the 80's they did a great track for the John Peel sessions called Villiers Terrace....well blow me down, on my last birthday a couple of weeks ago, we were walking around London near Trafalgar square, and I looked up and there it was..... Villiers Terrace.....hey Echo & the Bunnymen .....I declared to my wife, she looked at me....Echo & the Bunnymen.....Villiers Terrace I repeated......she looked at me again.....my wife is not a Bunnymen fan.....we walked on, I didn't mention it again...... but inside to myself, I kept saying....I've been to Villiers Terrace..well well well....I never...]

**[Ostrich Poscript: Thinking about it, maybe it's fortuitous he farmed crocodiles and not ostrich, as I don't think Echo & the Bunnymen did a song about ostriches......and to be fair...crocodiles are quite fantastic animals]