Monday 29 April 2013

My Substitute Preacher......

..... music is a wondrous thing....especially for some one like me ....... I am to singing what the Boston Strangler was to door to door salesman........ and so it was, I was thinking, just how many songs have been professionally recorded ? ...... and the answer is ?

Nobody knows......

So I could be forgiven for not having listened to every song, because nobody could. Say the average song lasts 3.5 minutes and say on average a life is 75 years long, that means you are alive for around 39,445,920 minutes [give or take] so even if from womb to grave you listened to a song back-2-back you would still only be able to listen to 11,270,262 songs.

I am sure there have been lots more than 11 million songs published........ I did read that one person had suggested there had been more than 623 millions songs published. [postscript ~ since first posting this I now read that there are 35 million tunes on iTunes, so even if I lived till I was 225yrs old I still wouldn't get through that play list...]

So on balance, rather than trying to listen to every song, we discriminate by musical choice, and whilst I am not averted by heavy metal music, I tend not to search it out.

So as a consequence of just this genre of music, there are many songs out of the potential 623 million that I am bound to miss..... although thanks to some Austrian F1 fans, I was once awoken next to the Monza F1 circuit with my tent converted into a sub woofer ....with the sound of being thunderstruck..... but a great track nevertheless..... but there are countless others I have missed....until Saturday last....

There I was gawping out the window ...... in between bouts of thumping my keyboard, as to whether or not the demurrage costs were in fact demurrage or just a plain and simple cock up, but at the same time listening to music.... well blow me down...what came next was another of those....wow I love this song..... moments .......

However, turns out it was originally an heavy metal song ..... but instead ..... Bhi Bhiman has taken it to a different level.....

The Bhi Bhiman version does not appear on youtube, [my staple diet of music] ....
but here is Monday's SoD.....


usual rules apply ~ select a good set of head phones, 
place the phone off the hook, and crank up the volume

And if you are wondering, is it possible for a rainbow in the dark ? ..... yes.... here's one I prepared earlier, I was amazed when I saw it..... Niagara Falls...