Tuesday 15 October 2013

Ladies you can keep your rabbits.....I'm a bunnyman !

.... after listening to Echo & the Bunnymen yesterday I had forgotten just how good this band is....

Sadly they are a man down from the original line up, after Pete De Freitas was killed in a motorcycle accident in 1989. Plus the Bunnymen had been through bit of an hiatus during this time.... but having seen them at the height of their popularity in the early 80's and more recently since their reformation.... they loose nothing of their appeal.

I love some of the current bands and music, as I think my SoD's can testify.... but there is still some great music since the 70's & particularly 80's. It is true that some 80's pop sync has not lasted well, but you only have to look at the likes of David Byrne and his ilk to know that some music can be played and replayed in any era and still sound good.

So put away your rabbits 
and get out the bunnymen