Monday 21 October 2013

The week link.....

From the intensity of two 18+hr working days in Warsaw to a Suffolk village hall......

One minute I am absorbing huge amounts of data, trying to analyse the where fores and why fores of who knicked a full truck load of TV's and it's financial implications and then on my return home, I am press ganged into attending my local village hall fashion show.

To be a fair a lot of effort was put into this show and the money raised helps pay for the up keep of things such as the village hall, which to many in my village [including me] is seen as one of the building blocks of community life. We can have all the trappings of modern living, plentiful food, gadgets and their constant upgrades on demand, wall to wall reality shows but you can never ignore the simplicity of human spirit joined by a simple goal like raising a few quid for the village amenities.

There I sat towards the back of the room, watching the audience [mainly ladies] and oh how they laughed and smiled at the banter of the compères..... then there was the models..... not stick thin expressionless no marks..... but village members....Queenie.....oh gosh how she milked the lime light..... she looked a million dollars and boy did she know it.....

And so there I sat, the juxtaposition of my life..... one minute stuck in a Warsaw board room for 2 days as we trawled through reams of documents and emails analysing every word, every detail, as though it was the most important thing in the world.....and yet the following day the most important thing was that no one tripped up or missed their cue.

And so at the end of the fashion show, we CvL [clapped very loudly] and SvL [smiled very loudly] and we congratulated the participants and the organisers for a wonderful evening.........

Two days in Poland may pay the bills, but two hours in my village hall rewards the soul.....

One of the songs that accompanied the strutting models was a song I've not heard for years but always love it...... then it gave me the idea for this weeks themed SoD's..... to be loosely linked by the title...

So for the first week link
let's start by going downtown